8.11.11

Half an Hour! WOO

Hey, I did it, got a post in on time, shouldn't seem that hard considering that Jeph Jacques of Questionable Content does it nightly. How hard can it be? (harder than it looks)



So the past week:

Honestly, now that school's back in session not much has been happening. I did get a NERF LongStrike CS-6, but whatever, Hasbro, I support thee, this is the best I can do since being banned from pony purchases.

Before your scheduled fanfic review, I would like to make a note to all you people who may be complaining about how I destroy one of the Corollaries to Sturgeon's Law. No, I am not setting my standards too high. I only review that which I enjoy, elsewhise I'd need a new computer weekly, and I don't have that sort of budget. I would also like to point out my sucky superpower of, no matter what, after I get past the third paragraph of a fanfic I am unable to stop until I have read what has been written, yes, this applies to clop and gore-fic as well, I derive no pleasure, only pain.


Fanfic Review:
 "Moonbeam" by Laurence Brown
read it HERE
Speaking if reviewing what I enjoyed:

Moonbeam asks a little question "What if NMM was not totally defeated in S1E2?" The answer is that she forces Luna to be brash and to run away to Ponyville, disguised as an earth pony. She makes new friends right away, and runs across the Mane 6 a couple times, but this story is more about Luna and four really well written OCs. Not my absolute favorite fic of all time, but definitely in the top 20 (out of hundreds, remember my previous note).*

Score 8.5/10 (5 star)

Final Thoughts: apparently there is a sequel, and apparently I've favorited or watched it on FF.net, I don't remember doing so, so that may be bext week's review. 


Next week:
Tuesday: Venture Crew for the first time this year
Wednesday: Linux Box, I have some plans for you.
Thursday: May go up to Seattle for the afternoon and meet with my Bro and his class (which includes that special someone) 
Friday: Try to get some writing on "Fall of the First Lunar Republic" bed early
Saturday: get up early for PONIES, also a new PnF ep that evening IIRC
Sunday, Can I get a day off? (answer, yes)


See everypony next week! 

*Dear Mr. Brown, I said I would give you a full review, but this is what I came up with, my apologies 

No comments:

Post a Comment